Chisel came over again tonight and helped me do a little gluing here and there on the guitar. We decided that an extra brace needed to be added way down by the heel block, just to add some stability to all those cracks that have been closed up there. Yes, the heel block itself would tend to add some stability, but Chisel has noticed on the J-50 we rescued for him, that the area down there is a bit mushy. So...on goes the brace.
I took the spatula and checked around every brace in the top one last time to see if there were any gaps. It's pretty well all shored up. I did find that the heel block had a spot where the spatula went in pretty easily, so I slathered some hide glue in there and clamped it.
There was also a small side crack I discovered in the once-over that needed a bit of glue and clamping.
Tomorrow night I will make the small finger brace for the top, and I'll put some fabric patches on a few of the side cracks.
Not long now until the back will be re-glued to the rims.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.