December 02, 2009

Top Cracks Revisited

There is still one top crack I haven't really dealt with, and that's because it has remained closed from an earlier repairman's work. I believe he used white glue, and even worse, it's not a very good repair. It could be improved upon if, and this is a big if, IF I can get the old glue out of it.




The finger brace which needs to be made would lay right across this crack. Unfortunately, there's a ledge instead of a nice flat surface for that brace to sit on. Re-repairing this crack would make the guitar look nicer on the outside, as well as giving the brace a good flat surface to be glued on, on the inside.

I'm itching to glue the back to the sides, but my better judgement says, fix this little mess before I do, or later I'll wish I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.