January 07, 2010

Chunks


Yes, that's right; what was once a patched complete top, now has a fresh hole in it, inflicted by me, with a little help from the Chisel. Why?! Why would we do such a thing? Well, long story short, the guitar guy we most respect--Todd at Fraulini Guitars--said, "You don't want to put a finish on the top and then look at the four piece patch and think...maybe I shoulda done something about that..."  And, well, as much as I hate to take a step backward like this, I know he's right. So, when the Chisel came over the other night, he agreed too, and that sealed it. So, we got all abusive with the guitar and produced more wreckage.

I also need to find/order/make some binding that will somewhat match the stuff on the top of the guitar. There's also a little patch in the back of the guitar that I need to take care of too. So, one step forward and a few steps back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.