April 20, 2009

Side cracks



There are a number of of side cracks, small ones, which need to be squeezed gently back together, then glued and clamped. I may have to put a few fabric patches on as well, to shore up the repair. I'll use hide glue of course.



With so many mini-projects on this guitar it may seem like I'm jumping around and not concentrating on one thing long enough, but...all in good time. Lots of the work is being done piecemeal, as I have time for it. One of the next posts should have a nice picture of the bridge, which my partner [The Chisel] is working on. He is doing a beautiful job...a real rescue in the works. It looks now like the old bridge will be able to be re-used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.